So I was searching the internet for a recap of 2016 E3, and really couldn’t find one. So, I decided to make my own. Over course, that was on Tuesday, I am sure there are several out there now.
Overall, I thought it was a good E3. Lots of cool things happening, especially with VR in its infancy. Below, the conferences will be in order of showing. You will be able to view the full conference. I have some breakouts of the big announcements, along with links to the respective trailer playlists.
I didn’t get to watch every single moment. If I missed something that you find relevant, comment with the info and a link to the portion of the video. I’ll comeback and do an edit and reference you.
EA Play 2016 Trailers
- Battlefield 1
- Titanfall 2
- FIFA 17
- Mass Effect Andromeda
- (Star Wars A Look Ahead)
- Madden 17
- Wolfenstein: New Colossus teased
- ‘Fallout 4′ and ‘Doom’ VR Versions Coming from Bethesda
- Fallout 4 DLC / Fallout Shelter coming to PC / Skyrim Special Edition
- Dishonored 2
- Quake Champions
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends
Lots of announcements, the playlist below will include a briefing, if you don’t want to watch the whole conference and the break video/trailers.
- XBox One S
- Phil Spencer had a *mic drop* moment in my opinion.
- 40% smaller, 4K, High Dynamic Range (HDR) a higher contrast ratio between lights and darks, internal power supply, removed the dedicated Kinect port from the back. Kinect for Xbox One will still be compatible with Xbox One S via the Xbox Kinect Adapter for USB connection,
- Xbox Wireless Controller featuring textured grip, controller Bluetooth support.
- XBox Play anywhere.
- Cross buy, cross play. Achievements and progress carries over.
- Gears of War 4
- Killer Instinct
- New Character: General Ram from Gears of War
- Forza Horizon 3
- Wow, looks amazing. I just might have to finally check this franchise out sometime.
- Customize controllers.
- Tekken 7
- Xbox, PC, PlayStation
- Early 2017
- Dead Rising 4
- State of Decay 2
- Halo Wars 2
- Online Multiplayer Beta is out now.
- Cross buy!!
- I played some of the beta. It has a good tutorial video prior to going online. I am reminded that I just plain suck at video games in comparison to people I play against/ with online.
- Battlefield 1
- nothing new
- Xbox Clubs
- I may have to look into this for the SBB community.
- Project Scorpio.
- I don’t know what TeraFlops are.
PC Gaming Show
Full conference. Audio is poorly leveled, so you will have to crank it. Show starts at 30:52. Show ends at 2:21:40.
- Dawn of War
- Oxygen Not Included
- Colony Sim From Don’t Starve Devs
- Ark Survival Evolved
- New Bio, Redwood
- New Dinosaur, so big you can build a base on its back
- Giant Cop
- Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
- introduce big, brutal sieges
- The Surge
- Law Breakers
- Cliff Bleszinski
- Arena style shooter.
- The movement looks interesting and unique
- Different abilities and movements
- Public Alpha coming
- AMD GPU Polaris
- Serious Sam VR
- Killing Floor 2
- New content patch for early access game
- Fall, full release
- Killing Floor VR
- cyberpunk horror game
- Drop Zone
- RTS combined with fast paced MOBA
- ARMA III
- Expansion: Apex
- July 11
- Turning Test
- Survival Strategy
- Dual Universe
- the single-shared sci-fi MMO
- Halo Wars 2
- Coming out to Windows 10
- Feb 21, 2017
- Day of Infamy
- July, early access on Steam
- Mirage, Arcane Warfare
- Chivalry with Magic
- Summer Beta
- Mages of Mystralia
- adds arena sports with Lunaro update
- This is on my backlog to try. One day I just may.
- Dues Ex: Mankind Divided
- Ghost Recon Wildlands.
- Open world, military shooter, single/coop.
- Everything I wanted it to be.
- I know what I am purchasing on 03/17/17.
- Just Dance 2017
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole
- Super Hero focused, specifically ‘Civil War’
- Preorder and get Stick of Truth free
- The Division
- Underground DLC
- For Honor
- I am really interested in the way the combat is desgned using the thumbsticks as direction of attacj. Reminds me of a Jet Li game on PS2 I think.
- Trials of the Blood Dragon
- Out now
- Just like it sounds, Trails meets Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon style
- Grow Up
- I am personally not into these types of games; however, this in first person view looks intense!
- Star Trek VR
- 4 player multiplayer
- Captain, Engineering, Tactical, Navigation
- All VR platforms
- Watch_Dogs 2
- I am excited about this. I enjoyed the first one. Maybe this will pull an ACII.
- I currently don’t own a PS4, and I am not sure if I will, since I just bought the XBox One.
- God of War
- those graphics!
- I am very ignorant on God of War.
- I have only played the first one, but this definitely makes me want to power through and play the others.
- Horizon Zero Dawn
- looks like it has good game play.
- The whole premise seems interesting. Stone age meets technology.
- This play through demonstrates that the humans understand the technology.
- I am still on the fence when it comes to full blown RPGs though.
- Detroit Become Human
- trailer seems quite interesting.
- Call of Duty Infinite Warfare
- Game play has sparked my interest. Even though I haven’t even played Advance Warfare.
- Insomniac Games
- I was really excited, until I found out it was a PlayStation exclusive. Not like the Rise of the Tomb Raider for a year exclusive, but the kind of exclusive that I’ll never get to play.
- Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens
- Final Fantasy XV
- Batman Arkham VR
- Sklyanders Imaginators
- Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
- The Last Guardian
- Mafia III
Breakout trailers and announcements:
Breakout trailers and announcements.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Wii U & NX
- Pokemon Sun & Moon
- Runbow Pocket
- Axiom Verge
- Jotun: Valhalla Edition
- Coming to Wii U & 3DS
- Ever Oasis
- Mario Party: Star Rush
- New Set of Amiibo
- YO-KAI WATCH 2
- Monster Hunter Generations
- Paper Mario: Color Splash
- Wii U on October 7th
- Coming to Wii U & 3DS
YouTube Live at E3
- Injustice 2
- New game play looks awesome.
- I suck at fighter games, but the story of the first Injustice was awesome.
- Lego Worlds
- Multiplayer is added
- I have that game through Steam’s early access, but I really haven’t dived into it much. Once I am done with my current construction project in Minecraft, I am going to have to check it out.
- Arena game 25 years in the making.
- Up to 8 players, any way you want it. Free-for-all, 4v4, 1v7, and so forth.
- Couch co-op or online.
- PC, XBox, PS4
- Vain Glory
That was a lot! It is great to be a gamer. What are you most excited for?
“Bottoms Up & Thanks For Playin’!”